- August 22, 2012
Are you ready for another update? I hope so, because the updates keep coming and we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon.
Last week you got Wallpapers, this week you’re getting Widgets. Facebook, Time and Switches, to be exact. We’re hoping to release new widgets with each update until V1.0, so stay tuned for more Widgets in the near future. If you’re a developer, you’ll want to pay special attention because the Chameleon Widgets SDK is on the way.
We’re currently trying to strike a balance between working on features and performance/stability. We’ve been putting in some long days and coming in on the weekends because we know each update makes a big difference to a lot of you. If this update doesn’t have what you’re looking for, don’t worry – we’ve got a lot more coming!
Here are some of the things we’ve fixed/improved:
- Added Facebook, Time and Switches widgets.
- Reduced application pause and resume time.
- Additional crash/freeze fixes.
- Launcher and App Tray improvements.
- Widget backgrounds now extend to the bottom of the screen.
- Overhauled Widget SDK OAuth APIs and added more Widget APIs.
- Several minor tweaks, fixes and improvements to general usability.
Here are some of the things we are still working on:
- GMail widget sometimes not working as expected.
- There aren’t enough widgets (we just added 3, and more are on their way).
- Widgets appearing blank (widget is still there, but no content is displayed).
- Widgets being drawn twice in the same area (text doubling).
- Chameleon can take a long time to start (this has been improved, and will get better with subsequent updates).
- Chameleon restarts when connecting/disconnecting from dock.
- Chameleon not working with ROM “X” (our current focus is on maximizing compatibility with official Android versions and tablets).
You can submit bugs to us here:
But before you do, please make sure you review the Glossary so we are all using the same terminology: